We are officially back from MegaCon. We had a total blast meeting all our current fans and making some new ones. The weather was great throughout and we met tons of super nice folks. The only shadow was that Fedex managed to screw the delivery of some of our items. Other than that, everything went without a hitch.
We also got to make some contact with new cover artists for our upcoming comics. Archie Comics writer and illustrator Dan Parent will be one of them, as well as Toronto artist Kevin Yan who does Manga style epic like nobody’s business. Cannot wait to see what they come up with!
And amongst all that, despite being a stone throw away, we managed to miss the Rob Granito scandal.
We are also amongst numerous very talented nominees in the fiction and drama, Web TV, for the Numix Awards. Wish us luck!
And we are almost done with the French implementation of the site, so we will be returning to our regular schedule pretty soon!
The Heroes of the North Team
“Ambitious doesn’t even begin to describe the scope of this web series. With ‘Heroes of the North’, Movie Seals set out to create an entire brand. They’ve got comics, action figures and all sorts of other merch to go along with the web series.
As far as the actual show goes, Movie Seals have managed to craft a show that not only looks beautiful, but is packed with action, has great dialog and an interesting story. “
- Live Twitter feed from our account, at the bottom of the ABOUT page (available by clicking the Heroes of the North logo on the top left corner);
- Events section with a calendar of our appearances;
- The Characters pages has some new add ons but more are still to come. We did manage to get a better presentation for the characters spec sheets and it should be now easier to read via the light box display;
- the possibility of tweeting about an episode or comic without leaving the site is now fully implemented;
- Visual improvements to both the Medias and About sections, including a better offsite viewer, again through a light box system, are all in place.
What is currently being worked on:
- Digital downloads - we are still far from our goal here - the in-house tests work but the outside tests have all failed so far;
- Membership section: delayed by the issues we are encountering with the digital downloads. We are using a similar script for both.
- Newsletter - we have had no time to tackle this one yet - but it is coming;
- French version of the site - progressing at high speed - should be online by the end of next week;
- Search page will be live in a few days.
Here you have it. Let us know your thoughts!
Pleased to announce that KoldCast TV programming is now iDevice compatible. Whether you currently own an iPad or are waiting for a new one tomorrow, you can start watching your favorite KoldCast shows while you're on the move. And, yes, you can watch on your iPhone, too! Simply head to KoldCast.TV on your device and navigate as you do our Network site. Enjoy and, as always, share!
That means our shows are too. And since we are working on an iPad version of the site, it means it will be even better soon! Enjoy!
In the store section, the Madame Doom comic is also now available to buy - the comic ships end of next week! The digital downloads of the comics will be available shortly as well, definitely within the next few days. Please note that the digital downloads of a particular comic will not be active until the paper version is also available.
The Characters pages are the next implementation, along with the cast and crew lists. The cast and crew lists will be found directly inside each episodes while the Characters pages will have its own menu. The galleries will also keep being implemented slowly over the weeks.
Other add-ons and improvements we are working on: a newsletter functionality to which people may subscribe in order to be kept informed of what is happening in the Heroes of the North Universe, a Calendar function where all our appearances, episodes and comic releases and other events throughout the year will be listed, a search engine page dedicated to the site itself, to make it easier to find what you are looking for, a live twitter feed update, the possibility to tweet your favourite links without leaving the site, visual improvements to the Medias and About section, etc.
Also left to implement are the other two story sites, the Medusa Industries one and the New Felquists, which should roll out in the next couple of months. Right now, you can enjoy the first of these sites here.
As usual, don’t be shy to let us know what you think of the new site, what features you would like to see, what we could do better, etc.
Thanks for being there!
The Heroes of the North Team
La version française du site devrait être disponible d’ici deux semaines. Nous sommes présentement en phase test. Si vous voyez des pages avec des drapeaux Canadiens et Québécois, cela veut dire que ces pages sont en phase test et donc qu’une version française complète ou partielle est donc disponible. Cliquez sur le drapeau Québécois pour y accéder.