THE RESCUE, a 24 pages story by Yann & Michel Brouillette, with art by Olivier Raymond, is now available to read for free online. This story follows the events of EPISODE 20 and brings everything to a shocking conclusion that will shock the Heroes of the North to their very core! If you have not read it already, the time is now before the second Season starts!
8 Ball and Black Terror are at it again in the last comic book of Season One currently called Season Finale, appropriately (but boringly) enough! We cannot tell you much to not ruin your pleasure but this amazing 24 pages story is brought to you by the pens of Yann & Michel Brouillette, the pencils of Olivier Raymond, the inks of Kellam Templeton and the colours of Aljoša Tomić!
The events depicted in this book will dramatically alter the Heroes of the North Universe and set the stage for Season 2...
You know we love our sneak peeks here at HOTN Central! And this one is pretty cool because it heralds the end of our comic book run for Season One. Currently titled Season Finale, it is just that: a story that wraps up most of the events of Season One in a 24 pages colour extravaganza penned by Yann & Michel Brouillette, penciled by Olivier Raymond (Fleur-de-Lys: Blooming), inked by Kellam Templeton and coloured by Aljoša Tomić. We can’t tell you much more than that because the story deals with so many aspects of the storyline of the first Season and we do not want to spoil your fun. But we can tell you this much: it is action packed, possibly the most action packed Heroes of the North comic yet! It will set the stage for Season 2. And it will feature most of our main villains and characters. And it is just so cool, we can’t wait for you guys to read it! While it should be available by August online, it will be also part of the third and last 80 pages Season One Heroes of the North omnibus, which should be out in November 2012 in your favourite comic book stores.
We know it has been a while since new episodes and new comics have come up on the site. Be reassured - we are not dead yet. In the spirit of being honest and transparent with our fans and supporters, here is what is happening:
We had a month long conventions sequence that took us literally from one end of the country to the other. The logistics and preparation for that took its toll on our small crew. But it is not the only cause of delays.
For some reason, despite a healthy diversification of our artists and pencilers, most of our books are severely behind for reasons out of our control. Several of our pencilers had to deal with either health related or family and/or business related issues. with the end result that a lot of books are delayed. Which brings us to the following comic book related updates:
- Mr. Richard Pace, who was to pencil and ink the most excellent Ty Templeton scripted comic of The Canadian had to bailed out of those duties for health reasons. Consequently, we now welcome Daniel Wong to the team, who will pick up on Mr. Pace’s duties and will heroically attempt to nevertheless help us deliver the book on time for the end of the month for the upcoming Heroes of the North: Missions comic book coming out this summer via Ardenn Entertainment. Which is where we remind you to order the book from your favourite comic book retailer!!! Hopefully we manage to make that deadline and get that wonderful story in the book! If it does not make it in the book, you will at least get to enjoy it in our comic books section later this summer.
- You probably saw some work in progress on a Black Terror story by Zach Fisher, who did those terminally cute Chibis versions of our characters a little while back. Well, Zach has been hard at work on a very strange Black Terror story that will also be featured exclusively in our upcoming summer book. We do not want to tell you anything about this story except that it is so wild and fun, it is definitely not one you will not want to miss… Especially since it will only be available in the printed version of the Heroes of the North: Missions Omnibus! This story is also notable because we are introducing to you a new member of our little team, a new colourist from Serbia, Aljoša Tomić. Welcome to the team Aljoša! Aljoša joins to team to helps us lighten the load on poor Keiren Smith, who besides having life complications of her very own, was now faced with an incredible amount of pages to colour and letter since so many books were delayed… They are now typically, arriving mostly at the same time… Which created a major clog in the work flow and sadly amplified the delays.
- Another story that will only be found in the upcoming book is a tale called Politically Incorrect, by Yann Brouillette and masterfully illustrated by Geof Isherwood. This one is right on time. But it was meant as a back up tale. From the looks of it, it will end up in the book as well! And it definitely earned it - the art is simply stunning! Isherwood fans will be happy to hear that he also contributed his considerable talents to two short tales that will also be exclusive to the Heroes of the North: Missions release. One features the New Felquists and Fleur-de-Lys while the other is a fun 3 pages romp starring 8 Ball and Alpha Q called Blood Bath. Which is also our cue to introduce Zen, another talent coming to the rescue to help us get the books out on time! Zen will be lettering the shorter stories - and perhaps a few longer ones, in order to ease the burden on Keiren… who is heroically colouring and lettering an Acadia story, drawn by Geof Isherwood as well and written by Yann and Michel Brouillette, which will also be part of the book and very soon available online in our comic book section as well.
- Another story about to hit our comic book section very soon is the long awaited team-up by Archie artist Dan Parent. The Zombots being schooled story is a lot of fun and we just cannot wait for you to read it!!! It will be part of the book being released this summer as well.
- Those who enjoyed the art of our last Nordik/8 Ball team-up will be happy to learn that another exclusive story, a Pacifica tale this time, has been penciled and inked by David Cutler, with colours by Aljoša Tomić and lettering by Zen. And to complete the book, there will be the 8 Ball and Black Terror tale penciled by Gibson Quarter!
- And while it is not part of the next book, another important piece is being finished as we speak, albeit terribly late as well. We are talking about the 24 pages Season Finale book, which wraps up Season One and is written by Yann and Michel Brouillette, penciled by Olivier Raymond and inked by Kellam Templeton. This one is an action packed piece featuring most of the characters of Heroes of the North and is NOT to be missed!
Well, that is already a pretty major post and we have just covered the comics! So if you have read this far, you can pretty much surmised that we had our hands pretty busy just with conventions and comics! But stay tuned tomorrow as we will go over what is happening with the remaining episodes, the Season One DVD release, Season 2 preparations and more!
Olivier Raymond is selling his unsold Heroes of the North conventions sketches in our store! Get your favourite Heroes or Villains!
We will also be introducing a new section for original art. The first items will be pieces from the Fleur-de-Lys comics by Olivier Raymond and a Crimson original by Armando Huerta.
As you have no doubt noticed, the entire website is undergoing changes so this new pieces will be added over the next few days!
As for the major changes underway on the website, a blog post will go through them in details, beyond the apparent cosmetic changes. Thank you for your patience!
To celebrate the North American release of our comic book compilation published by Ardden Entertainment, we are going on tour! So far, we have three locations confirmed in Quebec City, Montreal and Ottawa. Keep an eye out on our Events page for more locations and dates as we get them confirmed.
Come get your copy of the book and get it signed by the writer(s), artist(s) and get your picture taken with some of the actors of the series! We will also bring some of our merchandising, so you can stock up on Heroes of the North goodies and save on those crazy shipping costs!
So far the dates and locations are:
Boutique L’Imaginaire, Quebec City, Saturday, Janurary 28, 2012, 9:00 - 5:00 PM.
2740 blvd. Laurier, Place Laurier Shopping Mall
3rd Floor, Ste-Foy (Québec)
Who will be there: Hornet (Marie-Claude Bourbonnais), 8 Ball (Anderson Bradshaw), Artist OIivier Raymond and writer Yann Brouillette.
Expert Comics, Ville LaSalle, Saturday, February 4th, 2012.
8185, Newman Blvd, Ville LaSalle, (Québec)
Who will be there: 8 Ball (Anderson Bradshaw), other actors TBD at the moment, Artist Olivier Raymond and writer Yann Brouillette.
The Comic Book Shoppe, Ottawa, Sunday, February 5th, 2012, 11:00-5:00 PM.
228 Bank Street, Ottawa, Ontario
Who will be there: TBD.
As usual, there is a sneak peak, of inked pages. We cannot wait for you folks to read this story, one of the best we have written so far!
Here’s the first page of the coloured version of the comic.
Since the colours are not 100% complete, we will not show them yet, despite the fact that they are already stunning. But we will give you a little sneak peek nevertheless at the first page, inked and lettered, complete with a small grammatical error that will be fixed for the final version.