The Canadian comic book by Ty Templeton - page 1 colours
It is here! Lots of first on this one: The first full on Canadian story by our first guest writer, the legendary Ty Templeton! And a first on the art as well since Daniel Wong contributes his first Heroes of the North story as well! Colours by Aljosa Tomic and lettering by Zen. Do not miss this exciting Canadian story!
Only one story to go to wrap up our comic slate for Season One!
The Acadia comic is out! It is a nice little story about second chances, growing to be the person you want to be, and how fate sometimes changes our path. The story also features Hornet (Marie-Claude Bourbonnais) and introduces a new CDO character, Donovan Eastman. Written by Yann and Michel Brouillette, gorgeously illustrated by Geof Isherwood, coloured and lettered by Keiren Smith, with a cover by Ty Templeton! What more to ask? We hope you enjoy reading the story - and as usual, do not hesitate to rate or comment. This book will be part of our second magnum opus, the Heroes of the North: Missions omnibus which comes out in September 2012.
Here is the lineup of the book:
- Nordik and 8 Ball Team-up, 12 pages, by David J. Cutler, Keiren Smith and Yann Brouillette.
- 8 Ball and Black Terror Team-up, 12 pages, by Gibson Quarter, Guillermo Ortego, Keiren Smith and Yann Brouillette.
- Acadia: Pretty clear, 12 pages, by Geof Isherwood, Keiren Smith, Yann and Michel Brouillette.
- The Canadian, Fleur-de-Lys and Nordik Team-up in Zombots being schooled, 12 pages, by Dan Parent, Keiren Smith and Yann Brouillette.
- The Canadian and a CDO agent team-up,12 pages, by Richard Pace, Keiren Smith and Ty Templeton.
- ??? (12 pages): Cannot announce this one yet as we have three books currently being finished and the first one that is done wins.
plus three short stories written EXCLUSIVELY for this book!
- 8 Ball and Alpha Q in Blood Bath! by Geof Isherwood, Keiren Smith and Yann Brouillette.
- Pacifica in ASAP!, by David J. Cutler, Keiren Smith and Yann Brouillette.
- and the New Felquistes in October Crisis, an Halloween tale of mayhem, candies and lost opportunities, by Geof Isherwood, Keiren Smith, Christian Viel and Jean-Dominique Leduc!
We are pleased as punch to announce that will be adding a few comics to our line-up of books for Season 1. The comics menu page will be updated in the next few days to reflect these additions.
Besides the books already listed in the comics section, you will be able to look forward to books about the following characters:
- 8 Ball
- The Canadian
Some new artists will soon join us as well - more on that as things develop, but you can see a little sample above. However, here is a major scoop about the Canadian book. The Canadian comic, a 12 pages story, will be written by none other than jolly Ty Templeton. Winner of a Joe Shuster award as “outstanding writer” for his work on The Batman Adventures in 2005, it is with great anticipation that we welcome Mr. Templeton to the Heroes of the North fold. We cannot wait to read what he comes up with!
A lot more things are going on behind the scenes but we cannot reveal them to you yet...
We love Ty Templeton over here at HOTN Central. First of all, he is Canadian. Second, he was worked for almost every major comic book company under the sun, Third, he has worked on Batman AND Spider-Man, fourth, he’s a writer and an accomplished artist and teacher, and like most Canadians, he’s funny as all hell, fifth, he has a cartoon blog called Bun Toons, sixth, he’s bursting with passion for comics as an art form and a story telling medium, seventh, he is one of the creative minds behind Hoverboy, eight, he draws himself as a rabbit, ninth, he took us HOTN folks seriously and with respect from day one, despite our ridiculous means, and tenth, his wife is also a comic book professional who letters and colours comics… Better yet, she even does us the favour of working on some of our books once in a while. So what is not to love? Feast your eyes on his latest Heroes of the North offering.
BONUS: Ty Templeton talks about his creative process for creating the illustration on his blog.
On a side note, all our comics are now HTML5, hence readable on all those Flash adverse devices. They are also in a easier to read online format.