Another Comicon is over! Thanks to everyone who came to pay us a visit, support us, chat with us and just chill and hang out! It was a blast! Here is Wild Rose (Sandra Belrose), Acadia (Christina Sciortino), Hornet (Marie-Claude Bourbonnais) and 8 Ball (Anderson Bradshaw) saying goodbye before we head out to our next appearance at the Superfan Comicon next weekend! Photos of the event can be found in the GALLERY.
May 9, 10,11 we will be at the Ottawa Comicon, booths 2419, 2421, 2423. Heroes and Villains in attendance: 8 Ball, Hornet, Wild Rose and for the first time, Acadia! Author (and Alpha Q actor) Yann Brouillette will also be in attendance! We hope to see you all there!
A whole new set of villains are coming for Season 2 and Komodo is the new kid on the block! From a story by Yann Brouillette illustrated and coloured by Zach Fischer, this story will introduce you to Kevin Konovo, an herpetologist working for the Transport Ministry in Quebec who has some run-ins with the Montreal mafia while working on the Turcot exchange demolition. The story will be available as a webcomics in our COMICS section as well as to buy in our STORE as a digital download. Don't miss this new chapter in the saga of your favourite Canadian superheroes!
This year we are contributing a cover featuring Fleur-de-Lys and drawn by Brad Coffey as well as a little seen 2 pages Fleur-de-Lys story by Yann Brouillette and Andre St-Amour. Additionally, writer/actor Yann Brouillette and actress Christina Sciortino (Acadia) will be there for the day and available to autograph your copies!
Illustrated by PEI artist Brenda Hickey from a script by Yann Brouillette, this very quirky and funny story called A Day in the Life is now up in the members mini-comics section. Enjoy!
On Monday, March 24th, a new comic book, featuring one of our female superheroes, Acadia and titled: You can run but I can hide, will be online. Written by Yann Brouillette and illustrated by Christopher Yao, with colours by Aljosa Tomic.
This story is particular as it was designed to be read from top to bottom and that ill reflected in the comic book reader interface as well. We hope you will enjoy the experience!
The comic book will be found in the new MISSIONS tab in the COMICS section of the website and will be readable through our COMIX pass and as usual, it will be free for all the other levels of membership. The story will also be available in our store as a digital download.
Speaking of Members, this Saturday there will also be a mini-comics available in the members section titled A DAY IN THE LIFE. Written by Yann Brouillette and illustrated by Prince Edward Island artist Brenda Hickey, the story is quite a hoot!
THE RESCUE, a 24 pages story by Yann & Michel Brouillette, with art by Olivier Raymond, is now available to read for free online. This story follows the events of EPISODE 20 and brings everything to a shocking conclusion that will shock the Heroes of the North to their very core! If you have not read it already, the time is now before the second Season starts!
Pacifica - Road Trip by Yann & Michel Brouillette. Art by Andre St-Amour. Cover by Michael Dooney.
This 22 pages story tells the tale of Hastings & Pain, two drugged out psychopaths set on a cross-Canadian rampage. Having tricked Pacifica, she is now on their tail to make them pay for their crimes.
This comic is currently available as a digital download in our web store or in the Members section of the site.
A big, heartfelt THANK YOU to all our fans and friends who came by to say hello at our booth at the Ottawa Pop Expo 2013!
Besides the free comics from Marvel and Co., La Boîte à BD also offers their own in-house compilations of stories clocking in at roughly 50 pages featuring artist from Quebec and everywhere else. Heroes of the North contributed a never before seen Nordik story by Yann Brouillette and Christopher Yao. Best of all, it's FREE, but tomorrow only!
En plus des BD gratuites fournies par Marvel et Co., la Boîte à BD vous offre gratuitement une compilation maison d'une cinquantaine de pages avec divers artistes d'ici et d'ailleurs! Nous avons une histoire inédite avec Nordik (Yann Brouillette & Christopher Yao). De plus c'est totalement gratuit mais demain seulement!
We do not usually promote every single story we make but we like this one and it has been a long time coming. Plus, besides being another fun one from the terrible brothers duo of Yann & Michel Brouillette, it also features the dynamic artwork of Gatineau based artist Andre St-Amour! This 20 pages masterpiece will be part of the 440 pages Heroes of the North trade paperback coming out this fall. It will be the only way to read this story - and you do not want to miss it!!! Hastings & Pain, two Vancouver based superpowered junkies, cause mayhem all across Canada and Pacifica struggles to keep them in check. Even The Canadian himself has to pitch in to help put things on the right track! Yet another Heroes of the North classic tale in the making!
We will be attending the Free Comic Book day at La Boîte à BD in Laval this year. They have a great initiative where they give, alongside the already free comics, a black and white comic that they get made themselves by asking various indie creators to contribute a few pages. Heroes of the North contributed to the initiative with a 2 pages Nordik story by Yann Brouillette & Christopher Yao. The comic is being handed out alongside the other comics from Free Comic book day! Looking forward to meet everyone and spend a good day filled with fun, comics, fans and friends!
It has been a while but there is a brand new comic now available, both in the EPISODES section (as part of the 8 BALL: ORIGINS menu selection) and in the COMICS section, under the story’s name, 8 BALL - BREAK AND RUN. Illustrated by Deveo studios from a story by Yann Brouillette, the story follows Tony Falcon, while on official vacation from his section 8 training, spending his days playing pool in a small bar in Sudbury, Ontario. Troubling events will lead him to get involved in the local politics and he will get his first taste of vigilantism…
Artist Zach Fischer is currently hard at work on a 12 pages story that tells the tale of a brand new Heroes of the North Villain, King Komodo, for which you can see one of his layout pages above. Written by Yann Brouillette, the story will be available exclusively in the upcoming HEROES OF THE NORTH TRADE PAPERBACK and through the Season 2 Membership section with Silver or Gold Memberships, as it will complement an episode featuring the villain live.
From the outside, it may look like not much is happening but in fact, quite a lot is. We are in the finishing stage of wrapping up everything related to Season One, including Episode 20, the Season Finale comic, the DVD, the 440 pages mammoth trade paperback of all the stories pertaining to Season One, prepping Season 2, and updating the site in a major fashion. So please be patient in the next week or so as we have a lot of broken links. Our goal is to make the site easier to navigate, more efficient yet still packing punch! Let us know how we are doing!
Also, on April 13 and 14, Yann and Michel Brouillette, co-authors of most of our comics and several of the show’s episodes, will be in Quebec City for the Festival de la BD de Québec. They will introduce a 60 pages, extremely limited edition Fleur-de-Lys comic which they will be on hand to sign on Sunday, April 14th from 12h00-13h00 (Dimanche 14 Avril de 12h00-13h00). Also present at the event will be Marie-Claude Bourbonnais (Hornet), who will be in charge of a cosplay event.
2012 has been quite chaotic for us here at HOTN Central but we are slowly catching up with all the loose ends and everything should settle itself in the early months of 2013. WE want to thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm and we look forward to see you again next year, wether it is online or on the road at a convention!
In the meantime, here is a little gift for you, a short story written by Yann Brouillette,penciled by Gibson Quarter, inked by Guillermo Ortego and coloured by Keiren Smith. Enjoy!
Trouble is brewing in Montreal as Fleur-de-Lys fights Miss Canada right in the terminal!
Here is yet another sneak peek at the upcoming artwork for the last Heroes of the North Omnibus, CODA, coming out in December. In this story by Yann Brouillette, gorgeously penciled and inked by Patrick Hénaff, Fleur-de-Lys meets her match while trying to prevent a potential terrorist attack… At least, it is the official plot line. Since the story is told backwards, you will not find out until the end what it is all about… Prepare to be shocked...
This spectacular page comes from the pencils of Gibson Quarter and the inks of Guillermo Ortego. It features The Canadian trying to defuse what appears to be a bomb, from a story by Yann Brouillette called fittingly enough Time Out! This is one of the many stories that will be found in our last 80 pages omnibus, Coda, which will come out some time in December. It can also be pre-ordered right now form our store. The last omnibus will contain fifty-six pages of previously unseen materials, as well as the 24 pages Season Finale comic.
Geof Isherwood surpassed himself with his inks in one of the most bizarre story yet from Heroes of the North. No Son of Mine relates the trials and tribulations of Madame Doom, who expresses the desire to have an heir for her empire. She asks Medusa Commander to provide her with a test tube baby but the results fall short of her high expectations… This twelve page story by Yann Brouillette will be found in the third and last Omnibus of Seasone One, CODA, which is currently in solicitation through Diamond Distribution at your friendly local comic book store or can be pre-ordered straight from us in our store.
Here is another sneak peek from a short story - Catching a Cold - that will appear in the third Omnibus:Coda. It is a sweet Nordik tale illustrated by Christopher Yao. Written, as usual, by Yann Brouillette.
8 Ball and Black Terror are at it again in the last comic book of Season One currently called Season Finale, appropriately (but boringly) enough! We cannot tell you much to not ruin your pleasure but this amazing 24 pages story is brought to you by the pens of Yann & Michel Brouillette, the pencils of Olivier Raymond, the inks of Kellam Templeton and the colours of Aljoša Tomić!
The events depicted in this book will dramatically alter the Heroes of the North Universe and set the stage for Season 2...
The Acadia comic is out! It is a nice little story about second chances, growing to be the person you want to be, and how fate sometimes changes our path. The story also features Hornet (Marie-Claude Bourbonnais) and introduces a new CDO character, Donovan Eastman. Written by Yann and Michel Brouillette, gorgeously illustrated by Geof Isherwood, coloured and lettered by Keiren Smith, with a cover by Ty Templeton! What more to ask? We hope you enjoy reading the story - and as usual, do not hesitate to rate or comment. This book will be part of our second magnum opus, the Heroes of the North: Missions omnibus which comes out in September 2012.
You know we love our sneak peeks here at HOTN Central! And this one is pretty cool because it heralds the end of our comic book run for Season One. Currently titled Season Finale, it is just that: a story that wraps up most of the events of Season One in a 24 pages colour extravaganza penned by Yann & Michel Brouillette, penciled by Olivier Raymond (Fleur-de-Lys: Blooming), inked by Kellam Templeton and coloured by Aljoša Tomić. We can’t tell you much more than that because the story deals with so many aspects of the storyline of the first Season and we do not want to spoil your fun. But we can tell you this much: it is action packed, possibly the most action packed Heroes of the North comic yet! It will set the stage for Season 2. And it will feature most of our main villains and characters. And it is just so cool, we can’t wait for you guys to read it! While it should be available by August online, it will be also part of the third and last 80 pages Season One Heroes of the North omnibus, which should be out in November 2012 in your favourite comic book stores.
The Heroes of the North 80 pages behemoth, Omnibus volume 2, will hit the comic book stores everywhere in North America this fall - September to be precise. Yet, you should nag your favourite friendly comic book store this month (July) about it. Or, alternatively, if you live abroad or do not have a comic book store nearby, you can also pre-order it from our online store.
This is the wraparound cover for the second Omnibus, by Geof Isherwood.
Why now? What is the rush?, do you ask? Because the way it works is as follows: The book is currently being solicited now in comic book stores all across America in a magazine/catalog called Previews and published by Diamond Comics - which is pretty much the sole distributor of comics in North America for the retailers.
Retailers ie your favourite comic book store, must collect their orders during that month and submit them at the end of it to Diamond, who will in turn, inform the publishers of the minimum amount of copies the publisher needs to make to fulfill the demand, in order for everyone to minimize their risks, especially on lesser known titles like ours.
Now here is the rub: comics are a tough business these days and most retailers are pretty conservative. They usually stick to what they know and that is why they are still in business. They do not want to get stuck with stuff that does not sell and so on. And no one can blame them for that. But if their clients ask for it, they will order it. Maybe a few more, because there is a demand. And that is good for us and the show, for many reasons. Keep reading to find out why...
For the first Omnibus, the book was under ordered by a lot of retailers - most stores had ran out of the books three weeks after its release! - and they had to order more the next month. Thankfully we over printed a bit for conventions and so on - and we were (barely) able to meet up the demand. Whatever we had left for conventions has been selling like hot cakes with the end result that we have almost none left! If you want to get your hands on it, you can always visit our store or perhaps we will have some at the next convention, but that is the extent of it: a few dozens left.
The cover of the first Heroes of the North Omnibus, released in February 2012.
Now you may be thinking that we are making lots of money going through Diamond , with its extended distribution market that is so much wider than anything we could humanely cover on our own, but the truth is we are not: once you factor in the printing fees, Diamond’s own, huge distributor’s cut (60%!), our publisher’s share and other expenses like the fees of the artists and other contributors themselves, not to mention the cost of shipping at almost every steps, there is really not that much left, quite frankly. Not enough for a profit.
But going through Diamond allows us to get the book far and wide and spread the news of the shows to people we could never afford to reach otherwise. And that is why we do it and it is also why we ask you to order it from your retailers instead of through us, even though we technically lose money when you do it at this point.
As the books get more popular, get great reviews and so on, the show also gets more known and it helps on many fronts - people end up buying merchandise that is not available anywhere but in our store, they talk about the show to their friends and neighbours, they buy the next comic and so on… Allowing us to continue our growth.
And who knows, one day we might reach the critical mass in comics sales to an extent sufficient to make us a decent profit once all the people in the chain have taken their fees and all expenses are paid. We are not there yet but we are not that far off either. And with your help, we can definitely get there.
We want to do more comics and we want to keep going with the show. It is difficult but also a lot of fun and very rewarding on so many levels.
So, what can you expect in this new book, besides comics that are already on the site? As it turns out, a lot! In the first book, we only had one extra stories that appeared nowhere else. We have several more for this book. Here is a run down:
The book will feature five of the 12 pages book currently (or soon to be!) available on the site. They are:
- Nordik and 8 Ball Team-up: Chilling me softly, written by Yann Brouillette, with art by David J. Cutler, colours and lettering by Keiren Smith.
- 8 Ball and Black Terror team-up: The Bang Bang Theory, written by Yann Brouillette, with art by Gibson Quarter (with some inks by Guillermo Ortego), colours and lettering by Keiren Smith.
- The Archie style hilarious romp called Zombots being schooled, written by Yann Brouillette, with art and colours by Dan Parent and lettering by Zen.
- The tragedy packed Acadia: Pretty Clear, written by Yann and Michel Brouillette, with stunning art by Geof Isherwood, and colours and lettering by Keiren Smith.
And, last but not least, a superb story of the Canadian written by Canadian comic legend Ty Templeton, definitely the man for the job, illustrated by Daniel Wong. Those five 12 pages stories make up some two-third of the book’s sixty pages. There is twenty more to go. Here is the line up for those:
- A 12 pages, psychedelic and bat shit insane crazy Black Terror story called The Dark Alley, written by Yann Brouillette, illustrated by Zach Fisher, coloured by Aljoša Tomić and lettered by Zen. What happens in this one is so insane, we would not know where to start if we tried to explain it. So we won’t. An image should suffice:
- There is a fun little mystery three pages story called Blood Bath, featuring 8 Ball and Alpha Q, written by Yann Brouillette, illustrated by Geof Isherwood, coloured by Aljoša Tomić and lettered by Zen.
- A short but gorgeous Pacifica story called ASAP written by Yann Brouillette, with art by David Cutler, coloured by Aljoša Tomić and lettered by Zen.
- and we round up the book with a New Felquistes Halloween tale called October Crisis, written by Jean-Dominic Leduc and illustrated by Geof Isherwood.
With this line-up, we managed to feature every single characters featured on the gorgeous cover above, illustrated by Geof Isherwood. Every single one of our Heroes, and indirectly, our current main villains, made it in this 80 pages collection!
And you get all that Canadian superhero madness for six bucks! Canadian! We are not kidding, folks! As a reviewer said (about the first book): “Heroes of the North is the best bang for your buck right now in the comic book world!”. We may be biased, but we strongly agree with that! And we are bold enough to think we even topped it for the encore!
So spread the word! Like this post, tweet it, google plus it, whatever you need to do to let it be known that the time to get the book is NOW! And order it now yourselves, regardless of the way you choose to do so!
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support. And we look forward to entertain you with the book this fall!
The Heroes of the North Team
We know it has been a while since new episodes and new comics have come up on the site. Be reassured - we are not dead yet. In the spirit of being honest and transparent with our fans and supporters, here is what is happening:
We had a month long conventions sequence that took us literally from one end of the country to the other. The logistics and preparation for that took its toll on our small crew. But it is not the only cause of delays.
For some reason, despite a healthy diversification of our artists and pencilers, most of our books are severely behind for reasons out of our control. Several of our pencilers had to deal with either health related or family and/or business related issues. with the end result that a lot of books are delayed. Which brings us to the following comic book related updates:
- Mr. Richard Pace, who was to pencil and ink the most excellent Ty Templeton scripted comic of The Canadian had to bailed out of those duties for health reasons. Consequently, we now welcome Daniel Wong to the team, who will pick up on Mr. Pace’s duties and will heroically attempt to nevertheless help us deliver the book on time for the end of the month for the upcoming Heroes of the North: Missions comic book coming out this summer via Ardenn Entertainment. Which is where we remind you to order the book from your favourite comic book retailer!!! Hopefully we manage to make that deadline and get that wonderful story in the book! If it does not make it in the book, you will at least get to enjoy it in our comic books section later this summer.
- You probably saw some work in progress on a Black Terror story by Zach Fisher, who did those terminally cute Chibis versions of our characters a little while back. Well, Zach has been hard at work on a very strange Black Terror story that will also be featured exclusively in our upcoming summer book. We do not want to tell you anything about this story except that it is so wild and fun, it is definitely not one you will not want to miss… Especially since it will only be available in the printed version of the Heroes of the North: Missions Omnibus! This story is also notable because we are introducing to you a new member of our little team, a new colourist from Serbia, Aljoša Tomić. Welcome to the team Aljoša! Aljoša joins to team to helps us lighten the load on poor Keiren Smith, who besides having life complications of her very own, was now faced with an incredible amount of pages to colour and letter since so many books were delayed… They are now typically, arriving mostly at the same time… Which created a major clog in the work flow and sadly amplified the delays.
- Another story that will only be found in the upcoming book is a tale called Politically Incorrect, by Yann Brouillette and masterfully illustrated by Geof Isherwood. This one is right on time. But it was meant as a back up tale. From the looks of it, it will end up in the book as well! And it definitely earned it - the art is simply stunning! Isherwood fans will be happy to hear that he also contributed his considerable talents to two short tales that will also be exclusive to the Heroes of the North: Missions release. One features the New Felquists and Fleur-de-Lys while the other is a fun 3 pages romp starring 8 Ball and Alpha Q called Blood Bath. Which is also our cue to introduce Zen, another talent coming to the rescue to help us get the books out on time! Zen will be lettering the shorter stories - and perhaps a few longer ones, in order to ease the burden on Keiren… who is heroically colouring and lettering an Acadia story, drawn by Geof Isherwood as well and written by Yann and Michel Brouillette, which will also be part of the book and very soon available online in our comic book section as well.
- Another story about to hit our comic book section very soon is the long awaited team-up by Archie artist Dan Parent. The Zombots being schooled story is a lot of fun and we just cannot wait for you to read it!!! It will be part of the book being released this summer as well.
- Those who enjoyed the art of our last Nordik/8 Ball team-up will be happy to learn that another exclusive story, a Pacifica tale this time, has been penciled and inked by David Cutler, with colours by Aljoša Tomić and lettering by Zen. And to complete the book, there will be the 8 Ball and Black Terror tale penciled by Gibson Quarter!
- And while it is not part of the next book, another important piece is being finished as we speak, albeit terribly late as well. We are talking about the 24 pages Season Finale book, which wraps up Season One and is written by Yann and Michel Brouillette, penciled by Olivier Raymond and inked by Kellam Templeton. This one is an action packed piece featuring most of the characters of Heroes of the North and is NOT to be missed!
Well, that is already a pretty major post and we have just covered the comics! So if you have read this far, you can pretty much surmised that we had our hands pretty busy just with conventions and comics! But stay tuned tomorrow as we will go over what is happening with the remaining episodes, the Season One DVD release, Season 2 preparations and more!
Here is the lineup of the book:
- Nordik and 8 Ball Team-up, 12 pages, by David J. Cutler, Keiren Smith and Yann Brouillette.
- 8 Ball and Black Terror Team-up, 12 pages, by Gibson Quarter, Guillermo Ortego, Keiren Smith and Yann Brouillette.
- Acadia: Pretty clear, 12 pages, by Geof Isherwood, Keiren Smith, Yann and Michel Brouillette.
- The Canadian, Fleur-de-Lys and Nordik Team-up in Zombots being schooled, 12 pages, by Dan Parent, Keiren Smith and Yann Brouillette.
- The Canadian and a CDO agent team-up,12 pages, by Richard Pace, Keiren Smith and Ty Templeton.
- ??? (12 pages): Cannot announce this one yet as we have three books currently being finished and the first one that is done wins.
plus three short stories written EXCLUSIVELY for this book!
- 8 Ball and Alpha Q in Blood Bath! by Geof Isherwood, Keiren Smith and Yann Brouillette.
- Pacifica in ASAP!, by David J. Cutler, Keiren Smith and Yann Brouillette.
- and the New Felquistes in October Crisis, an Halloween tale of mayhem, candies and lost opportunities, by Geof Isherwood, Keiren Smith, Christian Viel and Jean-Dominique Leduc!
Our latest comic, Q&A with @Q is out! Penciled and inked by Marcus MAS Smith, coloured and lettered by KT Smith and written by Yann Brouillette, with a digital cover by Geof Isherwood and an upcoming print cover by Donald Caron, the story relates Alpha Q’s bitter first taste of the film industry, their propension to appeal to the lowest common denominator and their general lack of creativity. Or whatever else you want to see in it! Enjoy!
To celebrate the North American release of our comic book compilation published by Ardden Entertainment, we are going on tour! So far, we have three locations confirmed in Quebec City, Montreal and Ottawa. Keep an eye out on our Events page for more locations and dates as we get them confirmed.
Come get your copy of the book and get it signed by the writer(s), artist(s) and get your picture taken with some of the actors of the series! We will also bring some of our merchandising, so you can stock up on Heroes of the North goodies and save on those crazy shipping costs!
So far the dates and locations are:
Boutique L’Imaginaire, Quebec City, Saturday, Janurary 28, 2012, 9:00 - 5:00 PM.
2740 blvd. Laurier, Place Laurier Shopping Mall
3rd Floor, Ste-Foy (Québec)
Who will be there: Hornet (Marie-Claude Bourbonnais), 8 Ball (Anderson Bradshaw), Artist OIivier Raymond and writer Yann Brouillette.
Expert Comics, Ville LaSalle, Saturday, February 4th, 2012.
8185, Newman Blvd, Ville LaSalle, (Québec)
Who will be there: 8 Ball (Anderson Bradshaw), other actors TBD at the moment, Artist Olivier Raymond and writer Yann Brouillette.
The Comic Book Shoppe, Ottawa, Sunday, February 5th, 2012, 11:00-5:00 PM.
228 Bank Street, Ottawa, Ontario
Who will be there: TBD.
Donald Caron has done it again! This fantastic wrap around cover set piece features the deadly Hornet, captured in feral action, as she breaks inside the Flowers Industries weapons factory. One of the hardest illustrations he ever had to make apparently. But we cannot tell by looking at it! It is simply astonishing!
The attention to details in Donald’s work is simply astonishing! His Heroes of the North illustrations are simply out of this world!
This illustration will grace the print cover of the Hornet comic. We will also make a limited amount of prints, which you will be able to procure in the STORE.
The Hornet Comic Book is written by Yann Brouillette, with pencils and inks by MAS, Colours and lettering by Keiren Smith. Digital Version cover by Dean Yeagle and Print cover by Donald Caron.
Hornet is played by Marie-Claude Bourbonnais.
Please do not hesitate to like this and tweet it as well below. Comments are always welcome. We need to spread this far and wide. Local talents like Donald do not get enough of the recognition they deserve! Thank you!
Our critically acclaimed Hornet comic book is now finally available for digital download in the store for the very reasonable sum of one dollar.
The book was written by Yann Brouillette, penciled and inked by MAS and coloured and lettered by Keiren T. Smith. The Digital version cover is by Dean Yeagle. The print version cover is by Donald Caron.
Here is a sample of the upcoming Nordik comic book, currently being penciled and inked by David J. Culter, based on a Yann Brouillette script. Digital Cover by Joel Adams. Print version cover by Michael Dooney.
The storyline revolves around Nordik and 8 Ball trying to find a resolution in the tragic and mysterious death of a young woman with ties to Nordik’s past. Of course, there is always more than meets the eye...
Colour us impressed! Diamond Comics Distribution, the entity that releases comics books all across North America, has featured our upcoming 80 pages Omnibus in their coveted SPOTLIGHT section in their November magazine.
The comic book cover was drawn by Marcus MAS Smith and features more of Marcus art, along with Olivier Raymond’s, and several other contributions that will be announced shortly. The book is written by Yann and Michel Brouillette and distributed by Ardden Entertainment.
The book is currently in pre-order in comic book stores everywhere for a January 2012 release. Get yours now!
Since the colours are not 100% complete, we will not show them yet, despite the fact that they are already stunning. But we will give you a little sneak peek nevertheless at the first page, inked and lettered, complete with a small grammatical error that will be fixed for the final version.
On a side note, all our comics are now HTML5, hence readable on all those Flash adverse devices. They are also in a easier to read online format.
We are officially back from MegaCon. We had a total blast meeting all our current fans and making some new ones. The weather was great throughout and we met tons of super nice folks. The only shadow was that Fedex managed to screw the delivery of some of our items. Other than that, everything went without a hitch.
We also got to make some contact with new cover artists for our upcoming comics. Archie Comics writer and illustrator Dan Parent will be one of them, as well as Toronto artist Kevin Yan who does Manga style epic like nobody’s business. Cannot wait to see what they come up with!
And amongst all that, despite being a stone throw away, we managed to miss the Rob Granito scandal.
We are also amongst numerous very talented nominees in the fiction and drama, Web TV, for the Numix Awards. Wish us luck!
And we are almost done with the French implementation of the site, so we will be returning to our regular schedule pretty soon!
The Heroes of the North Team